Vyron Electric Bikes Warranty Terms and Conditions
Warranty against possible manufacturing defects for electric bikes, and electric scooters.
Any warranty is void on items that show clear misuse or damage caused by or related to improper riding technique.
Any modification to a product will void the warranty for that individual part as well as any associated parts.
A warranty may only be approved if the breakage or malfunction of the Product is as a direct result of a flaw in the manufacturing of the product. For the avoidance of doubt, damage, breakage, cracking or snapping of the product as a result of riding will not be covered under the warranty.
Summary of warranty terms.
Please read the full terms and conditions on website www.vyronelectricbikes.com.au:
- 3 years for frame (forks are not part of frame; this also applies to scooter forks holding the wheels),
- 1 year for electric parts.
- Excludes misuse/abuse and water damage e. g. riding over rough terrain, or through the water or rain.
- It is the customers responsibility to return and redeliver the item at their own cost.
- The warranty is only valid for original purchaser and tax invoice must be produced.
Examples of items which are not covered by the warranty:
- minor scratches, marks or imperfections which do not significantly impact the performance and safety of the product,.
- Damage caused by product misuse or abuse like (but not limited to) dropping, collision, jumps, grinding, heavy shaking, abrasion or bad storage.
- damage due to external causes, e.g. damage by negligent use, incorrect use and tampering with the battery pack, damage by traffic accidents/accidents and damage during any transportation, e.g. by couriers.
- damage due to normal wear and tear and maintenance. Examples of what constitute ‘wear and tear” is set out below.
- If the bike doesn’t reach top speed this is not covered by warranty and if the distance per charge is not as advertised this is also not covered by warranty as this is only an estimate. Batteries lose capacity naturally. The advertised Amp Hours of battery is the closest estimate only.
- poor maintenance and any modifications to the product or components noise, e.g. squeaking noise or vibration noise
All warranty requests must be made by the original owner in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of the purchase receipt.
It is accepted by the purchasers that there may be variations between two identical models, for example that the speed on low, medium and high pedal assist varies or that the power output varies. Vyron does not guarantee that the performance of two identical models is exactly the same as there will be some natural variations.
For products purchased prior to 27 November 2022, the warranty will be reduced to 6 months including the frame if the product is used commercially in any way (including, but not limited to, putting the product for hire, using it for food delivery and using it for flyer drops).
Effective 27 November 2022 the warranty will be voided if the product is used commercially in any way.
What is “wear and tear”
- Types/flat tyres
- Broken spokes
- Worn brake pads – expect to replace these approx every 12 months.
- Chains and toothed belts – expect to replace chains approx every 1,500km, sooner if you are riding a high torque motor and are a heavier rider
- Chain wheels, sprockets, bottom brackets, derailleur hangars and jockey wheels
- Wheel spokes,
- Sliding bearings/bearings
- Lights and lighting systems
- Mudguards and rubbing
- Broken kickstands
- Worn handlebar tape/handle grips
- Replacement hydraulic oils and lubricants
- Gear-shift cables and brake cables including gear adjustments
- Paint and parts finishes eg scratches and dents
- Batteries (depletion of capacity to 60% is acceptable within first two years)
- Cracked frames where it has resulted from improper use eg. telescopic seatposts or seatpost shims not fully inserted while riding, carrying loads beyond the recommended carry capacity
Warranty Terms and Conditions
Vyron Electric Bikes Pty Ltd [insert ABN] t/a Vyron (Vyron)
Product means electric bikes, electric scooters, conversion kits and other products as sold by Vyron from time to time.
For the avoidance of doubt:
- We make no representations or warranty in relation to the existence, non-existence, validity, availability, terms or conditions of any other warranties or product support that may or may not be offered or provided by the manufacturer of the Product; and our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
- You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure.
- You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- The warranties and product support that we offer and provide pursuant to our Terms and Conditions are in addition to the consumer warranties and guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law. Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, Vyron agrees to repair or replace the product which it supplied to you at its own cost, in circumstances where the Product does not perform in accordance with Vyron’s specifications during: the Warranty period of 12 months for manufacturer faults of motor, all electrical components and 12 months for manufacturer faults of battery (pro rata) and 36 months for manufacturer faults of the frame (not including electrical components such as lights, display).
- The Standard warranty period commences on the date of delivery of the Product. Where there is no proof of delivery, the date of delivery of the product will be assumed to be 3 business days from the date of dispatch of the Product.
- The benefits provided to you by this contractual product warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
- Proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) must be provided when requesting service under the Warranty.
- Vyron requires any customer requesting service under the Warranty to comply with directions from Vyron staff in relation to troubleshooting any issue and facilitating any repair or replacement under these Warranty Terms and Conditions. Any repair service under warranty must be approved by Vyron. If a customer decides to perform repairs on a product without Vyron’s approval, Vyron will under no circumstances be liable to pay for the cost of such unauthorized repair services.
- Where Products are already faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage must be submitted to Vyron via email before the Product will be repaired or replaced in accordance with these terms.
- Vyron reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Vyron reserves the right to replace the Product or relevant part with the same or equivalent Product or part, rather than repair it. Where a replacement is provided, Vyron will determine, in its discretion, the closest Product within the then current range of Products offered by Vyron with which to replace the faulty or damaged Product. The replacement Product may differ with the replaced Product in size and specifications, at the reasonable election of Vyron. Vyron may replace parts with refurbished parts. Replacement of the Product or a part under the Warranty does not extend or restart the Warranty period.
- If Vyron is unable to repair or replace the Product, the customer will be provided with credit for Vyron’s store or may be refunded the price of the Product (at Vyron’s election). This credit or refund will be for the amount of the purchase price of the Product excluding the associated Delivery Cost.
- Where Vyron authorises warranty service of a Product, the Customer will organise for our authorised courier to pick up the Product during business hours (between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday) and deliver it to the appropriate authorised repair centre, provided that the Product is safely and securely packaged for safe transport. Always keep the original packing material. In this situation the Customer will cover the cost of transport of the serviced Product to and from the Customer. Alternatively, the Customer may take the Product to the appropriate repair centre for service if Vyron specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so. Alternately, the Customer may post the Product as directed by Vyron if Vyron specifically authorises the Customer in writing to do so. Where the customer is located outside Australia, Vyron may require that the Product be sent to Australia, as directed by Vyron. The Customer is responsible to inspect all goods received from Vyron upon arrival. In instances where goods have been damaged in transit, the Customer must report this to Vyron within 3 days of receipt of the product. Failure to report physical damage on arrival within 3 days of receipt may result in denial of warranty for physical damage.
- Vyron reserves the right to determine which authorised repair centre is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
- The Product will be at the Customer’s risk while in transit to and from the Vyron Authorised Repair Centre.
- Vyron may seek reimbursement of any costs incurred by Vyron where the Product is found to be in good working order, or when it has been determined that the Warranty do not apply as per clause 18.
- Vyron reserves reasonable discretion to determine whether any Product is or is not performing in accordance
with the Vyron’s specifications, subject to applicable law.
- The Warranty is not transferrable to a new owner of a Product originally purchased from Vyron.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Warranty will not apply in respect of a Product:
- i. If the Product has not been installed, operated, maintained or used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or specifications provided with the Product;
ii. If the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the Product;
iii. Which has suffered damage, malfunction or failure resulting from alterations, any alterations (hardware or software), accident, misuse, abuse, fire, liquid spillage, mis-adjustment of customer controls, use on an incorrect voltage, power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, force majeure, voltage supply problems, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories, the operation of a computer virus of any kind, exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions or entry by any insect, vermin or foreign object in the Product;
iv. To damage arising during transportation, installation or while moving the Product, or to any transportation costs of the Product or any parts thereof to and from the Customer, unless otherwise specified in these Warranty Terms and Conditions;
v. To any third-party software or hardware not contained in the Product as originally configured by the manufacturer;
vi. To any incidence of defective pixels (i.e. dead or stuck pixels) that arise for Digital Products
vii. To any failure, to the extent that the failure is not a failure of the Product to perform in accordance with its specifications;
viii. To replacement or repair of any consumables (including cables), or lost parts or accessories;
ix. To service and support of any software operating system or application installed on any Product, except to assist in restoring the Product to its factory default settings; or
x. To service of any product whilst it is outside Australia.
- To the full extent permitted by law: Vyron will not be liable for any loss, damage or alterations to third party hardware, software, programs, data and/or information stored on any media or any part of the Product, no matter how occurring; or for any loss or damage arising from loss of use, loss of profits or revenue, or for any resulting indirect or consequential loss or damage. Vyron’s aggregate liability in respect of all claims under the Warranty shall not exceed the original purchase price of the Product or, at Vyron’s option, replacement of the Product with a like or similar Product. Vyron excludes all other warranties, conditions, terms, representations and undertakings whether express or implied.
- Insofar as they apply to warranties relating to Vyron Products supplied by Vyron Australia, these Warranty Terms and Conditions are governed by and must be construed according to the law of the State of Victoria, Australia and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- The Lithium Battery Warranty Period is 1 year.
- All warranties are voided if the product is or will be modified